A Level Project Submission
At 'A' Level, there is one Project. Candidate is required to do Project individually and no grouping is allowed. Project would be approximately 350 man-hours and carries a total of 100 marks (80% for the Project evaluation and 20% for the Viva-Voce). Student is required to obtain at least 50% marks in total to qualify for the Project.
Eligibility Criteria for submission of 'A' Level Project
'A' Level student can submit Project only after clearing 5 papers of the 'A' Level Course.
How to submit 'A' Level Project Report
The student will submit his/her Project Report in the prescribed format along with the requisite fee. The Project Report should include:
a) One Hardcopy of Project Report.
b) Softcopy of Project Report.
c) The Project Report may be about 50 pages (excluding coding).
The following suggested guidelines may be followed in preparing the final Project Report:
1. Good quality white executive bond paper A4 size should be used for typing and duplication. Care should be taken to avoid smudging while duplicating the copies.
2. Page specification (written paper and source code)
Left margin - 3.0 cms.
Right margin - 3.0 cms.
Top margin - 2.7 cms.
Bottom margin - 2.7 cms.
Project Fees at 'A' Level
A fee of Rs.500/- (Rupees Five Hundred only) should be remitted to NIELIT by a Demand Draft in favour of NIELIT payable at New Delhi.
Guidelines for submission of Project Report
a) Supervisor /Guide for 'A' Level Project
A supervisor/Guide should be a person with NIELIT 'B' Level / MCA or equivalent / higher qualification and adequate experience of minimum 3 to 5 years in the area in which the student has chosen the Project. In the case of a Candidate from an institute conducting the accredited course, all help including the nomination of the supervisor/guide will be rendered by the institute concerned. In the case of a direct Candidate, the Candidate should ensure that the facilities are available in the organization (where the Project is taken up) and also the same are extended to them.
b) Format of 'A' Level Project Report
- Project Cover page in the format at Annexure - III
- Acknowledgement from the Accredited Institute where the Candidate has undergone training or the Organization where the Candidate has made the Project.
- Project Completion Certificate duly signed by the Project Guide/ Centre Manager ( in case of Candidate from an Accredited Institute ) or Head of the
- Company / Organization (in case of Direct Candidate).Proforma given at Annexure - II
- Main Report
i. Objective & scope of the Project.
ii. Theoretical background.
iii. Definition of problem.
iv. System analysis & design vis-a-vis user requirements
v. System planning (PERT Chart)
vi. Methodology adopted, system implementation & details of hardware & software used.
vii. System maintenance & evaluation
viii. Cost and benefit analysis.
ix. Detailed life cycle of the Project
- ERD, DFD
- Input and output screen design
- Process involved
- Methodology used for testing :
- Test Report, printout of the reports, printout of the code sheet
- User/ operational manual - including security aspects, access rights, back up, controls etc.
c) Documents required to be submitted along with 'A' Level Project Report
- Project completion certificate, duly signed by the Center Manager (in case of an Accredited Institute Candidate) or by the Project Guide (in case of a Direct Candidate). (Proforma given at Annexure - II)
- Original copy of the approved synopsis.
- Hard copy of the Project Report.
- Soft copy of the Project report, which may be required for demonstration of Project Work, needs to be arranged by the Candidate at the time of Viva-Voce.
d) Other Documents required to be submitted along with 'A' Level Project Report
- Brief background of the organization where the student has developed the Project.
- Data dictionary This should give a catalogue of the data elements used in the system/subsystem developed.
- The following are the details required. Write NA if not applicable:
- Data name
- Aliases, if any
- Length (Size)
- Type (Numeric, Alpha, binary etc.)
- List of abbreviations, figures, tables
5. Soft Copy of the Project on CD / Floppy
e) Contact Details
In case of any other query, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com or 011-25308393