Name of the Project: Capacity Building in IECT including training in Digital Skillsets and Current Industry Demanding Technologies for various sections of society in the NE States
Project Funded by: Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology, Govt of India
The aim of the project is to bring about overall upliftment of the socio-economic status of NE Citizens by creating a smart ecosystem with necessary IT education and skills with a total of 1.665 lakhs citizens across different sections of society.
Following are the deliverables of the project:
- Category-1: To bring the active involvement of rural farmers/producers, women, elderly citizens, dropout students in order to benefit the productivity in social & business activities of their life, the project will target 22,200 farmers, 15,600 women; 7,700 elderly persons & 75,360 school students for training with appropriate digital skillsets matching their requirements.
- Category-2: User group, 30,800 numbers of graduates and undergraduates will be trained in appropriate IECT areas for value addition of their careers.
- Category-3: user groups, 6,240 technical graduates will be trained in the current industry demanding technologies to enhance employability.
- Category-4 user groups, 8,600 teachers of the region will be equipped with necessary IT education and related applications along with skills for organizing effective online education to reach out masses
- Upskilling and reskilling of employees of NIELIT centres in the emerging and future technologies.
- Initially, a target of 25 startups skilling over 02 years within the campuses of the NIELIT Centres of the region, for creating employment opportunities and setting up local industry