Handloom & Handicraft Project
Name of the Project: Digital Intervention on Handloom & Handicraft Sector for Livelihood enhancement of artisans of NE States
Project Funded by: HRD Division, Meity Govt of India.
Following are the deliverables of the project:
- To setup Digital Enabled Common Facility Centre with improved IT tools and equipment for artisans at Nagaland, Manipur, Mizoram, Assam, Tripura for training programme on capacity building and empowerment of handloom and handicraft artisans
- To make traditional artisans and rural entrepreneurs competitive and provide support for their long term sustainability and economy of scale and tap e-commerce as a major marketing channel
- To build up innovated and traditional skills, improved technologies, advanced processes, market intelligence and new models of public-private partnerships, to gradually replicate similar models of cluster-based regenerated traditional industries. An effort towards “Aatmanirbhar Bharat”
- A total of 5920 tribal youths and women practising either handloom or handicrafts from Nagaland State will be trained in Digital enabled courses and enriched them with knowledge of Entrepreneurship.
- Awareness workshop for 1,000 artisans in design development, product development and e-marketing of handloom and handicraft.