Joint Certification with IIT Ropar
NIELIT entered into an MoU with IIT Ropar in 2017 to foster collaboration, provide opportunity for global experience and to facilitate the advancement of knowledge on the basis of reciprocity, best effort, mutual benefit and frequent interactions. The objectives of the MoU are:
- Exchange of intellectual know how and resources.
- Partnership in innovation and entrepreneurship driven opportunities and resources so as to launch the skill oriented, tailor made courses in line with Govt. of India’s vision of Skill India, Digital India and Make in India.
- Partnership of collaborative consulting and research projects.
- Sharing of Network and Infrastructure resources
The MoU was signed in the spirit of the NIELIT’s vision to be a source for quality assurance in computer education and development of industry oriented quality education and training and the mission of IIT Ropar to … enabling creation of knowledge and development of socially responsible, enterprising leaders contributing significantly to national progress and humanity.
To fulfil the stated objectives under this umbrella MoU, NIELIT and IIT have joined hands to offer the following training programmes under joint certification:
- “Finishing School” programmes in the field of Electronics and Information Technology to strengthen the concepts and making the knowledge gained in graduation years coherent and complete with focus on industry requirements
- Industrial Training / Summer Training for undergraduates so as to give them practical exposure and access to academic excellence of IIT and industry-oriented training expertise of NIELIT
- Train the Trainers Workshops / Programmes of short term duration (1-2 weeks)
Salient Features of the Programmes
- Joint assessment and certification
- Lectures by both NIELIT and IIT faculty
- Major thrust on Hands-on Training
- Course curriculum jointly designed by NIELIT and IIT
- Exposure & access to high standards of IIT & NIELIT’s industry oriented approach