QA & Placement Cell
NIELIT has established itself as a premier organization having PAN INDIA presence aiming towards capacity building and skill development in the area of IECT.
NIELIT Chandigarh at its permanent campus Ropar is conducting various courses in the area of Computer Science and Electronics. It produces number of skilled candidates every year through NIELIT’s flagship programs like O, A and B level and many short term and six months industrial training programs in advanced technologies like Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning, Blockchain Technology, Cyber Security, Big Data using Hadoop, Internet of Things, Robotics Process Automation (RPA), Cloud Computing etc. NIELIT Ropar is also conducting courses for technical officials of various Corporates, Government departments and Banks.
A Quality Assurance and Placement Cell at Ropar defines an ecosystem for the Quality Assurance and Placement.
The Placement Cell at NIELIT Centre was setup in 2014. The objective of the cell is to link our students with jobs and career opportunities through counselling, training and getting the interviews conducted. The Cell helps the students with all employment-related information ranging from career counselling to job opportunities, through self-assessments & insights, mock interviews and preparation of resumes. The Cell is an avenue for the industry to tap in from a skilled manpower for technical openings.
NIELIT Chandigarh has been conducting various programs, career counselling, industry exert lectures/seminars and placement drives. Some of the major recruiters were Tata Consultancy Services (TCS), Think Next, Chitkara Corporate, Chitkara University, e-Governance Punjab, Jio, Esrasoft technologies, PSPCL, Di-Tech Punjab and Haryana, Reliance Industries, ZS Associates, Fore Solutions.
• Placement Drives: To provide better placement opportunities to students and place the maximum number of students.
• Industry Expert Lectures : To arrange various seminars/lectures by experts/ career awareness programs etc. to prepare the students for facing interviews of Industry and Academia for bridging the gap
• Skill Development Programs: To develop students’ technical skills and soft skills to meet the corporate Workshops recruitment process.
• Personality Development Sessions: To develop overall personality of students and make them employable in companies of repute.
• Career Enhancement: Counselling and Resume building
• Corporate Alliance: To advance placement of NIELIT students.
• Internships: Organizing industrial visits and internships for students
• Industry Ready Courses: Development of customized courses as per the requirement of local Industries.
Quality Assurance Cell
Quality assurance is a continuous process in any organisation and is used to coordinate, monitor and facilitate Quality Assurance related activities. It implements an effective mechanism for the approval, periodic review, monitoring, evaluation and assessment of quality of various programmes.
The Quality Cell of NIELIT Ropar is to enhance quality, provide accountability, establish learners’ confidence and create trust in the institution’s performance.
• Academic and Administrative Audit.
• Feedbacking Mechanism.
• Standards in Documentation.
• Faculty Development Programmes.
• Professional Development Programmes.
• Enhancing Curricular Content
• Teaching Learning Process and Evaluation
• Research, Innovation, Consultancy and Outreach programmes
• Latest Infrastructure & Learning Resources
• Student Support & Progression
• Governance, Leadership & Management
• Values & Best Practices
• Seminars on quality related themes
• Maintenance of database through MIS for enhancing the institutional quality.
Ms Anita Budhiraja, Scientist-D