NIELIT Shimla Centre is located in the heart of the city in lower Jakhoo area. The Centre was inaugurated on April 10, 1995 by the then Chief Minister Sh. Virbhadra Singh with the objective of sensitizing youth of the state towards IT and spread IT culture in the State of Himachal Pradesh. The Centre has been functioning as a customer centred IT organization with complete focus on customer needs and expectations so as to fulfill them with a targeted strategy and commitment.
The Centre opened its extension centre at Block 24, SDA Complex, Kasumpti area in October 2011 and has been running its training activities for students and corporate participants.
The centre’s onus in regard to the field of IT has always been in the key business domains of IT precisely Education and Training, Software Development, Total IT Solutions and other customenr needs based services.
The Centre has good infrastructure in terms of six spacious classrooms out of which three fitted with multimedia projectors, two fully networked dedicated computer labs for the students for carrying out practical assignments, Internet connectivity through high-speed broadband and library facility with more than 500 books to support the approved curriculum being taught to students of formal and professional courses. Qualified, experienced and dedicated faculties are with us. Our students gain technical and soft skills as per the needs of the industry and society.
The Centre runs training programs through both formal and non-formal Courses. Under formal mode, Centre has been running Post Graduate Diploma in Computer Applications (PGDCA) from MCRP University. The course is being conducted in regular mode. Whereas in non-formal mode, Centre has been DOEACC O-Level and A-level courses. In addition, it also offers various short term courses on advance and latest technologies for students pursuing Engineering and technical education. Many students are getting placement in different organizations through our facility management projects. Our key contributions in Education and training include:
- Trained more than 13500 students since inception through various Long and Short Term courses in IT.
- Trained more than 17400 participants from various government departments on foundation and specialized IT Skills.
- Many State level reputed organizations/department have signed MOUs for taking our services in Capacity Building of officers and officials of Government of Himachal Pradesh. The most prominent names include:
- Himachal Pradesh Institute of Public Administration (HIPA) – Shimla. In joint association, Centres have been established at Mandi, Dharamshala, Nahan, Chamba. All Centres have been running student courses, sponsored courses and corporate courses for officers and officials of H.P. Government.
- Himachal Pradesh State Agricultural Management & Extension Training Institute (SAMETI) – Shimla. The Centre has been targeting training programs for participants from agriculture sector.
- National Academy of Audit and Accounts (NAAC) – Shimla. The Centre has been targeting training programs for participants from Audits sector.
- Himachal Pradesh Revenue Training Institute (HPRTI) – Joginder Nagar.
- Conducting Post Graduate Diploma and Diploma level courses through out the State for the candidates sponsored by Department of SC, ST, OBC and Minority affairs since year 2007. This year, 550 candidates are enrolled for PGDCA and DCA-DTP courses in various centres established across the state. The examination of all the students is being conducted on centralized examination pattern.
- The Centre has been impating IT Education based services in all districts of the states covering rural areas as a part of implementing Capacity Building Initiative of NIELIT i.e. IT literacy, O level Hardware/Software etc. for weaker section of society through scheme funded by Govt. of India.
Centre has undertaken various software development projects using Web technologies/Client Server environment for many Govt. organizations. Successfully implemented Software Solution for H.P. State Civil Supplies Corporation, Town and Country Planning, HPSEB, Disaster Management Authority, Shikayat Nivaran Kendra for Irrigation and Public Health Department and others.
The centre is entrusted for conduction of recruitment examinations for government organization for IT related vacancies. It has been actively providing various facility management services to a number of Goverment Organizations for implementing e-governance solutions.
All students and parents are welcomed to browse our website for information and can contact us for any query on the numbers mentioned on contact us page. We look forward to your suggestions & active participation in our venture.