Utility Billing Projects
Electricity Billing (State of Punjab)
- NIELIT Ropar Centre has been pioneer in introducing computerization of Electricity Billing in the northern states of Punjab.
- The Centre is generating electricity bills for approximately 50 lac consumers.
- Payment counters of the Power Utility Boards / Corporations have also been computerized.
- All types of consumers namely Domestic, Commercial, Small Power, Medium Supply, Large Supply, Agriculture, Street Light are being billed through very robust software developed indigenously by the centre.
- All the consumers are identified by a unique identification numbers based on the area of location, subdivision and division.
- Large infrastructure is being used to accomplish the task of regular generation of bills. The infrastructure includes high end servers, client computers and high speed line printers.
- Over 25 lac bills per month with stationery of different colours & design are being printed in stipulated time.
Computerisation of Cash Collection Counters (State of Punjab)
- A dedicated team of over 50 technical assistants provide software/ technical support to the staff of Punjab State Power Corporation Limited for smooth running of the project.
- Approximately 500 bill payment counters for PSPCL facilitate payments to all categories of consumers have been computerized.
Water Billing of Rural Areas (State of Punjab)
- The water billing of Mohali as well as of some Rural Areas of Punjab has also been computerized.
- The Centre is generating Water bills for approximately 70 thousand consumers.
- Over 70 thousand bills per month are being printed in stipulated time.
Combined Water & Electricity Billing (State of Punjab)
- This Centre has introduced combined billing (Electricity & water) in Amritsar Suburban, Nawanshahar and Faridkot districts in the State of Punjab.
- This centre is generating combined bills (Water & Electricity) for over 80 thousand consumers in this project within a specified time frame.