Campus and Data Centre Networking
Objectives: To provide network connectivity in all classrooms and lab with central 10G fiber LAN and 1G NKN WAN Link. And also, all the servers are interconnected with 10G and cloud servers with 100G Mellanox Switch to provide high-speed service to the NIELIT Chennai end-user.
1. NVIDIA / Mellanox SB7800 36-Port EDR100Gb/s InfiniBand 100G Switch: High-performance computing (HPC) cluster node in NIELIT Chennai uses the most advanced high-speed networking technology. NVIDIA InfiniBand switches provide the highest performance and smart In-Network Computing acceleration engines, enabling world-leading supercomputing platforms.
Based on the NVIDIA Switch-IB® 2 device, the NVIDIA SB7800 switch series provides up to 36 ports of 100Gb/s full bi-directional bandwidth per port. The SB7800 switch systems are smart network switches that enable in-network computing through NVIDIA SHARP technology. This architecture enables all active data centre devices to accelerate the communications frameworks using embedded hardware, resulting in order-of-magnitude application performance improvements.
2. Dell S4048 10Gbe Data Centre Switch: This Data centre switch interconnects all the HPC Nodes and optimize network for virtualization with a high-density, ultra-low-latency ToR switch that features 48 x 10GbE SFP+ and 6 x 40GbE ports (or 72 x 10GbE ports in breakout mode) and up to 720Gbps performance.
3. D-Link–3400 Layer 3 Stackable 10G Managed Switch: D-Link’s DXS-3400 Series Lite Layer 3 Stackable 10GbE Managed Switches are compact, high-performance switches that feature wire speed 10-Gigabit Ethernet switching, routing, and ultra-low latency interconnects all the labs in the datacentre. The DXS-3400-24TC includes twenty (20) 10GBASE-T (RJ45) ports and four (4) 10GbE “Combo” ports (RJ45/SFP+). The DXS-3400-24SC includes twenty (20) 10GbE optical (SFP+) ports and four (4) 10GbE “Combo” ports (RJ45/SFP+).
4. Juniper EX2300-24: This 1GbE and 2QSFP+ 10GbE uplinks demanding converged data, voice, and video enterprise access networks. The compact, fixed-configuration 1U devices offer levels of performance and management previously available only with high-end access switches interconnects all the cluster nodes with Internet
- 12 x 1GbE and 2 SFP+ 10GbE uplinks
- PoE/PoE+ up to 30W per port
The EX2300-C is cloud-ready and ZTP enabled, so it can be on boarded, provisioned and managed with Wired Assurance, to deliver better experiences for connected devices. Working with a compatible EX Series switch, the EX2300-C supports Juniper’s unique Virtual Chassis technology. Up to three of the switches can be interconnected with a fourth Virtual Chassis-compatible EX Series switch, enabling them to be managed as a single device uses to test the different network services at NIELIT Chennai.
5. DWC-2000 Wireless Controller: Wireless 802.1x port-based access control and guest VLAN With D-Link’s Self-Healing Wireless network, the Wireless Controller can detect if a surrounding access point has failed and boost their power output to compensate for the failure, minimising the effect of the failed AP. Features such as auto-managed AP discovery and single-point management allow users to achieve enterprise class networking without the burden of executing massive and complex configurations. The guest account generation function manages guest user bandwidth and accessibility to network resources. With a robust and comprehensive security detection system, the DWC-2000 manages associated APs by blocking potential attacks from unauthorized users and appliances, which is particularly crucial in wireless environments. This controller controls all the NIELIT Chennai 802-11 AC AP and gives high speed Internet to the end-users.