Online Course - Certificate Course on Sustainable Manufacturing
Recommended 2 hrs / day
12 Dec 2022
10 Dec 2022
Course Description: Sustainability has become basic standard for assessing any development related to engineering and non-engineering activities. The environmental burden that is being created due to manufacturing industry is significant and hence needs special attention. Assessing the environmental score will help to compare the alternatives and come up with new sustainable manufacturing practices. The Course tries to impart some of the environmental considerations in manufacturing. The main objectives are
- Create the awareness of sustainability practices in manufacturing.
- Environmental assessment of manufacturing process through case studies.
- Finding out the alternatives and best practices for reducing CO2 Emissions.
- Effects of Energy in manufacturing and Environment and its optimization.
Who can attend?
Any under graduate/diploma student with basic knowledge of manufacturing.
- Students pursuing Engineering
- Professionals working on design & manufacturing
- Research students
- Teaching professionals& faculties
- Knowledge of Manufacturing Processes
- Basic knowledge of computers
Course Duration : 10 days
Course Contents :
- Evaluation of Sustainability concept.
- Need of sustainable technologies
- Sustainability and Manufacturing: Conflicting Ideas
- Energy scores and CO2 Emissions
- Importance of energy on sustainable Manufacturing
- Energy consumption units in a manufacturing process taking CNC machining as example
- System, Sub-system and Component level Energy computation
- Machine-tool design and its effects in energy consumption
- Process planning and process optimization for energy efficient machining
- Energy computation for additive manufacturing
- Environmental score calculation for manufacturing a part for various processes
- Comparison of machined and 3-D Printed Parts for its environmental score
- Best practices of Sustainable Manufacturing
Course Fee: Rs 3,000/-
Course Start Date: 12th Dec 2022
Last Date for Registration and Payment: 10th Dec 2022
Minimum hardware requirements
- Attendees must have a Computer with a good internet connection.
Link to attend the course shall be forwarded on 12th December 2022
- Dr. Arun Unnikrishnan, Ph.D. in Manufacturing
Dr. Arun Unnikrishnan
9567300030(M), 0495 2287266- Exn-209(O)
Certificate: eCertificate for Participation will be e-mailed to the participants after the course.
Terms and Conditions
- In case any registered candidate could not attend the online session due to technical issue at their side there will not be any refund of the course fee and the sessions will not be repeated.
- In case the online course is cancelled /postponed due to some technical issue at NIELIT side and new date is not convenient to the candidate, our liability is limited to the refund of the course fee and NIELIT shall not be responsible for any consequential damages.
For more details about our institution visit us