Control and Instrumentation
Main activities of the Group are training, consultancy, product development and research in the application of Industrial Automation Systems like PLCs, DCS, SCADA and MMI, PC Based Control & Instrumentation and Industrial Networking. The group is having expertise in design of Electronic Instruments and Measuring Systems, Control Engineering and System Engineering. The lab is continuously involved in building knowledge, design competencies and expertise in emerging areas of control and Instrumentation like MEMS, etc. and imparting/ offering its know-how to fresh/ working engineers, companies and system integrators.
We offer special hands-on training programs for fresh graduates to make them more adaptable to the professional requirement of the industry and for working engineers to keep abreast with the latest technology in the related field. All the courses are offered with emphasis on hands on training.
- Industrial process controllers& Field instruments
- PLCs (Allen Bradley , SIEMENS & ABB)
- SOFTPLC, Intellution iFIX SCADA
- NI LabVIEW SCADA module & SCADA Hardware
- Distributed Control Systems (DCS) – ABB Freelance 800F
- FOUNDATION Fieldbus
- Profibus,DH 485,CANbus
- HART Development System
- Wireless Sensor Kit
- Bluetooth and Wi-Fi devices
- Image inspection system
- LabVIEW Express
- GPIB & IMAQ Vision System
- Data acquisition systems with PCI
- ISA and Ethernet Fieldpoint I/O
- Programmable Automation Controller (PAC)
- Smart Instrument Design using SoC/FPGA/DSPMicrocontroller based Development S/ms
Training Plants set up with real sized industrial instruments and controlled through PLC and PC. The Centre received support from UNDP for setting up this laboratory and for training the faculty of the Centre in foreign universities and Industries.
The faculty of Control & Instrumentation group consists of highly qualified persons with post graduate qualifications from reputed Institutions such as Indian Institute of Science – Bangalore, College of engineering – Guindy, M I T- Madras and who are trained in various international Universities and Industries