VLSI Design Group
FACILITIES and ACTIVITIES
The VLSI Group mainly focuses on Research and Development of VLSI and Embedded Products and Training Programmes assocaited with VLSI Domain.
Entrepreneurs, fresh students or maintenance personnel who would like to upgrade their skills in VLSI, Embedded have several customized training programs to choose from.
The Group also offer various short term courses on PG Diploma in VLSI & Embedded Hardware Design , Advance Diploma –VLSI Physical Design Engineer, Certificate Program in System verilgo and UVM etc.
VLSI Group has Three Labs and Two classrooms.
- Research and Development Lab-ICDU Lab
- Research and Development Lab-SMDP Lab
- VLSI Design and Verification Lab-VLSI Lab
- VLSI Classroom
- Advanced VLSI Lab
- Ultrasound Research Platform(Verasonics USA)and Ultrasound Probes
- High End FPGA Development Boards –Xilinx ® and INTEL ALTERA ®
- Xilinx Development Boards & Trainer Kits- 40 Boards
- Kintex, Virtex, Spartan, Zynq, Zybo etc.
- Ultrasound Data Acquisition Systems & associated Test Boards.
- PSoC ® Development Boards
- Raspberry Pi IoT Kits.
- Evaluation Board Software Defined Radio.
- Kerberos SDR - 4 Channel Coherent RTL-SDR
Test & Measurement Equipments
- Digital Storage & Mixed Signal Oscilloscopes.
- Key Sight Logic Analyser- 32 Channel with differential probes.
- Spectrum Analyser with 1 Port Network Analyser.
- Logic Analyzer & SMD Reworkstation.
- Dual Channel Arbitrary Signal Generator.
- 3-channel Programmable Power Supplies.
- Vector Signal Generator -4GHz
- ESD Protected Tables and Accessories.
- FPGA Design & Verification Tools—Xilinx® and INTEL ALTERA®
- MATLAB ®
- ASIC Design & Verification Tools --Synopsys®, Mentor Graphics® & Cadence®.
- Hardware-Software Co-verification Tools
- Allegro 17.2 PCB Design Tool.
- Research and Development Projects
- Design Consultancy.
- Academic Projects.
- Short Term Courses.
- Industrial Training/ Internship.
- Customised Training
- IEEE Workshops/Webinars
- Online Courses/Webinars
Short Term Training Programme
- PG Diploma in VLSI & Embedded Hardware Design –VL500
- Advance Diploma –VLSI Physical Design Engineer
- Certificate Program in System Verilog and UVM
Long Term Training Programme
- M.Tech. in VLSI & Embedded jointly with Defence Institute of Advanced Technology- DIAT Pune.
R & D Projects (Sponsored)
- Indigenous Color Doppler Ultrasound Scanner with PNDT Compliance (Ministry of
- Electronics and Information Technology-MeitY)
- Special Man Power Development Programme- SMDP III –C2SD Compliance
- (Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology-MeitY)
- Portable Ventilator Development (SAMIRA)- NIELIT Head Quarters
- Study of AFE Processor and hardware accelerated near field beamformer
- implementation on FPGA for Imaging SONAR.- The Naval Physical and
- Oceanographic Laboratory-NPOL
- Ultrasound scanner prototype –Nirajan Ultrasound Pvt Ltd.
- All India PG Diploma scheme – Conduct of examination and certification of All India PG Diploma courses by various organisations across various states of India
Academic Projects / Training
- M.Tech./B.Tech./MCA/BCA/MSc/BSc Student Projects
- Industrial Training / Internship
- Faculty Development Programs
- Corporate –Data Patterns India, TATA ELXSI Trivandrum VM,TATA ELXSI Chennai
- Government – CDAC Bangalore ,CDC, Kerala State, IHRD Kerala, National Informatics Centre(NIC).
- AICTE Staff Development Program.
- Total number of paper published till date : 50+
Associations with Various Organisations
- MoU with Indian Institute of Technology Chennai- IIT Chennai.
- MoU with National Institute of Technology, Puducherry
- MoU with Cypress Semiconductors.
- MoU with Malabar Cancer Centre.
- MoU with Kerala Government Polytechnic College, Calicut.
- MoU with Defence Institute of Advanced Technology- DIAT Pune.
- MoU with Nirajan Ultrasound Pvt Ltd.
- MoU with Composite Resource Centre Kozhikode.
- NDA with Mentor Graphics.
Developments and Achievements
- Developed the First -Array Signal Processor IC under SMDP-C2SD
- Developed Ultrasound scanner prototype -8 channel
- Developed Ultrasound Scanner prototype -128 Channel
- Indigenous High End FPGA based processing boards with high
- speed interfaces
- Indigenous 128 channel Transeiver boards.
- Jayaraj U Kidav (Scientist / Engineer 'D')
- Nandakumar R (Scientist / Engineer 'D')
- Sreejeesh SG (Senior Technical Officer)