PD900 - Advanced PG Diploma in Electronic Product Design and Manufacturing
||Advanced PG Diploma in Electronic Product Design and Manufacturing
|Last Date To Apply
Mr. Ishant Kumar Bajpai,
Ph: +91-7034797019 / 0495-2287266 Extn: 225
Emergence of India as a global economy has opened up a huge demand for electronic products. National Policy on Electronics and Make in India initiative of Government of India has resulted in setting up of many industries in the Electronics sector and has led to a huge demand for trained man power in Electronics System Design and Manufacture (ESDM).
Advanced PG Diploma in Electronic Product Design and Manufacturing is offered to bridge the major gap in competencies required to design, manufacture and market Indian state-of-the art electronics products. This course aims to enable fresh electronics graduates/post graduates or working engineers in electronics industry to specify, design, develop and test electronic products.
This course is offered in collaboration with Maker Village Cochin, through which candidate will get access to its lab facilities. Further qualifiers of the course will have an opportunity to complete their 6 months industry internship in the electronic startups listed with Maker Village or associated industries.
On successful completion of the Course, the Participants shall
- Be able to specify, Design, Develop and Test electronic Products.
- Get exposure to Industrial Design of Electronic Product
- Have hands on exposure in solving real life problems through Industry Internship.
This course consist of nine modules including 6 month internship. After successfully completion of first eight modules (PD 901 to PD 908), Students will undergo a 6 months internship either at the associated industries of Maker Village or any other industry in electronic sector
The course will have two levels of certification
1. 'PG Diploma in Electronic Product Design and Manufacturing’ for candidate successfully completed 6 months of course and unable to take up internship due to genuine reasons (PD 500)
2. 'Advanced PG Diploma in Electronic Product Design and Manufacturing’ for candidate successfully completed 1 year of training including 6 month internship (PD 900)
PD 901: Industrial Design of Electronic Products (2 Weeks)
- Product Development Process: Product Planning, Product requirements and specifications, Concept development, Product Architecture, Project Management
- Industrial Design: Aesthetic, Ergonomic, Manufacturing, Cost, Thermal, EMI/EMC,
- Quality and Testing: DFMA, DFT, Prototyping, Patents & IPR, Product Development Economics, Quality Concepts, QFD, ISO9000, Reliability, DFMEA, Standards, certifications, regulatory compliance testing and Documentation
PD 902: Electronic Circuit Design (3 Weeks)
- Electronics Fundamentals: Material classification based on conductivity, basic Semi-conductor, Diodes, Characteristics of Diodes, Classification of Diodes, Transistors, Classification of Transistors, BJT characteristics, JFET & MOSFET Characteristics, Transistor Amplification Circuits, OP Amp, Basic Characteristics of OP Amp, Feedback circuits, Introductions to Digital circuits.
- Fundamentals of Circuit Design: Basic circuit laws , Current & voltage division Rules, Introduction to Linear and Non-linear elements, Classification of sources, Equivalent Impedance Calculations in series & parallel circuits, Basic Network Theorems, Current, voltage and Power calculations in a circuit, Diode applications, Clipping and Clamping Circuits with Diodes, Rectifier Circuits, Transistors, Selection and analysis of Components, sensing devices and display devices.
- Power Supply design: Introduction to low power design techniques and methodologies. Introduction to various types of power supplies. Estimation of power supply requirements and power loss in electronic products. Selection of appropriate power supplies for the given primary power sources (230VAC/Battery). Design of power scheduler, power management unit of an electronic product.
PD: 903 Electronic Board Design and Bring up (3 Weeks)
- Evolution and Classification of Printed Circuit Boards, Challenges in Morden PCB, Design and Manufacturing, PCB fabrication, methodologies(SSB, DSB and multilayer board), PCB design considerations/ design rules for analog, digital and power applications, Electromagnetic interference in electronic systems and its impact Analysis of electronic circuit from noise emission point of view (both conducted and radiated emission) cross talk and reflection behavior of the circuit in time domain, Thermal management of electronic devices and systems.
- Semiconductor Packages: Single chip packages or modules. (SCM) Commonly used packages and advanced packages; Materials in packages, Current trends in Packaging, Multichip modules (MCM) - types; System-in package (SIP); Packaging roadmaps; Hybrid circuits.
- Introduction to high speed PCB design, Signal Integrity, Power Integrity and Thermal Analysis, Power distribution and noise, Signalling convention, termination
PD 904: FPGA based Embedded System Design (3 Weeks)
- Introduction to FPGA, HDL Refresher, Introduction to modeling & Writing Simple Test Benches, FPGA Devices, Design Flows,
- Principles of Combinational Circuit Design, Principles of Sequential Circuit Design, Principles of FSM Design, Principles of RTL Design, Mixing Design Styles,
- HDL Coding for Synthesis, Designing Memories, Modelling of Microprocessors,
- Designing SoC based system,
- Designing Bus based systems, interfacing peripherals with the SoC, Interrupt Mechanisms with Processor.
PD 905: Processor based System Design (3 Weeks)
- C Programming: Introduction, Data Types and storage classes, Operators, Control Statements, Arrays, Strings
- Cortex ARM: Introduction to ARM cortex Processor architecture and programmer's model, Introduction to Processor Instruction Set Architecture, Interrupt mechanisms and Exception handling, Cross compilation, Tool chains and Development environments, Programming using Assembly, C and Mixing the Assembly and C programming.
- Interfacing: switches, LCD, Keyboard, IO programming, etc. through processor ports, Generating delays and PWM using timers, and Watchdog mechanism, Working with PC and RS-232, Peripheral interfacing through I2C,SPI etc, Interfacing with Memory, Providing Reset and Clock on a board, Interacting with real world using ADC and DAC
PD 906: Software Development for Embedded Systems (2 Weeks)
- Operating System Concepts for Embedded Systems: Operating Systems Basics, Linux Programming, System Calls for I/O, Introduction to Processes, Multi-threading, Synchronization mechanisms, Inter process communication, Memory Management, Files and File Systems.
- Linux Platform/Client Driver Development: Introduction to Linux Kernel source tree and compilation, System Call hooking, Linux Kernel modules and module programming, Kernel concurrency issues and synchronization mechanisms, Generating Time delays and defered work, Linux Top Halves and Bottom Halves, Intrrupt handling and sharing, Memory Management.
PD 907: Networking and IOT (3 Weeks)
- Fundamentals of Networking: Networking basics, Topologies and OSI model introduction, Physical and Data Link layer Protocols, Features and Services, Networking Layer Protocols, Routing Algorithms, Transport Layer Protocols, Socket Programming, Packet Sniffing and analysis.
- Wireless Communication Technologies: Introduction, challenges, areas of applications, Wifi – IEEE 802.11 standard, Wifi programming, Bluetooth – Standard, BlueZ Stack, Bluetooth Programming, Zigbee – Understanding Protocol, Target board programming with Zigbee, Wireless Security Threats.
- IoT overview: IoT Entities, IoT standards, IoT application development with embedded hardware.
PD 908: Project (6 Weeks)
- Done as a group project where the trainees will be working on a real life problem sourced from industry/ start ups and developing a complete product; right from identifying customer requirements and translating them into product specifications and realization of the product specifications through electronic, mechanical and industrial design within the cost and time constraints.
PD 909: Industry Internship (24 Weeks)
- This course is offered with an objective to develop trained manpower for ESDM industry and provide the participant with knowledge and hands on exposure in various dimensions of Electronics Product Design and Manufacture. To fulfil this objective, students will require to undergone to a 6 month internship at an electronic sector industry/company and submit a work report. Students may utilize the NIELIT’s collaboration with Maker Village and complete the internship at startups listed with Maker Village or at its associated industries.
70,000 + GST
M.E/M.Tech/BE/B.Tech(ECE/EEE/AEI/CSE/IT/Mechatronics/Biomedical and allied branches) Or M.Sc (Electronics/CS).
Class commencement date : 27.08.2018
Last date of receiving completed application form : First selection list will be prepared based on the applications received on or before 25th July 2018. The additional selection list will be prepared based on the applications received on or before 16th August 2018, and excluding the applicants, included in the first selection list
Publication for first selection list in our website: 25.07.2018
Last date of taking provisional admission by paying the advance fee (for applicant in the first selection list): 08.08.2018
Publication of additional selection list in our website (If there are vacant seats) : 16.08.2018
Payment of first installment fee : 27.08.2018
Payment of second installment fee : 27.09.2018
For more details like How to Apply, Placement, Hostel, etc please see the Course Calendar
For more Information Contact the course coordinator Ishant Kumar Bajpai, Scientist/Engineer ‘C’, Ishant@nielit.gov.in , Ph: +91-9400398613 / 0495-2287266 Extn: 225