Windows Based Library Information system (WinLis)
WinLis is intended for automation of activities of a general Library providing on-line information about the books/journals and also to keep track of details regarding issue of books, return of books, reservation membership details etc.
The system is developed in a client/server model to facilitate searching over the network.
The software also has a web based front end for searching the books/journals available or to find the books issued to a particular person
- Windows based graphical user interface
- All information regarding books, suppliers, publishers, editor, purchase details etc. can be stored.
- All information about members and their category.
- Reservation of books on a priority basis.
- Lost cards and deferred cards are kept track of.
- Supports general query regarding availability of books, issued books, books on a particular topic, by a particular author, location of books in the shelf, members etc.
- Any kind of report based on any information in the database can be taken, and can be configured by the user.
- Stand alone configuration and client server configuration possible.