Future Skills PRIME - Government Official Training on Internet of Things (IoT)
Objective of the Course:
To provide an understanding of Internet of Things and its applications in various domains to the Government Officials. The course also details the technical insights to the Government officials involved in planning and RFP preparation.
On successful completion of the course, a person will develop experience on working with the IoT kit. The person will understand the basics of IoT with reference to a case study including the reference architecture, functional blocks and various applications with deep insights into the multiple design challenges. The person will develop insights into
- Microcontroller programming on IoT kit including peripheral configuration like like ADC, DAC, timers (PWM) and different Serial Communication protocols including SPI, I2C, UART.
- Understanding of working of sensors & actuators depending on use cases
- Interfacing analog sensor and digital sensors using inbuilt ADC and peripherals like UART, SPI, I2C
- Know-hows of TCP-IP protocol stack in practice
- Interfacing network peripherals to setup Wi-Fi and BLE based networks
- Hands-on on wireshark for Wi-Fi and Bluetooth packet analysis
- Write RESTFul Web services which produces response in the form of JSON or XML.
- Test these web services using open source tool like ARC(Advance Rest Client),
- Authenticate the client,
- add security constraints in your web services,
- Use the web services at client side (Web App).
- Setup complete MQTT Architecture with the capabilities to send data between devices.
- Understand working of application layer protocols like CoAP and MQTT.
Understand Edge Computing & its advantages in IoT, knowledge on various IoT platforms.
Duration of the Course: 30 Hours
IT/ITeS and related areas employees from Government Departments, State/Central Government Organizations, and PSU/Autonomous Institutes.
- Fundamental of IoT
- Introduction to Microprocessors and Microcontrollers
- Sensors & Actuators required for various IoT applications
- Wireless Technologies:
- Edge Computing and Protocols
- IoT Demos
As a part of the project, in the first phase, NIELIT Calicut will be training Government Officials in “Internet of things” during December 2020 – January 2021 (tentative) through Online Mode. The Government Officials includes employees in Central/ State government, PSUs and Autonomous organizations involved in IT/ITeS and related areas to keep abreast with the emerging technologies. Being an online program, the participants can attend the course without much disturbance in their normal schedule.
You can be a part of the initiative, utilise the opportunity and share the benefit of the platform. Send-in your nominations only in the nomination form here.
Duly filled Nomination Form must be sent to
Mr K M Martin, Scientist F & Chief Investigator,
STED, NIELIT, NIT Campus Post, Calicut – 673601.
Mail the scanned copy of the filled in Nomination Form to mailto:martin [at] nielit [dot] gov [dot] in” or shoukath [at] nielit [dot] gov [dot] in.
Selected candidates will be informed along with web link 7 days prior to starting.