राष्ट्रीय इलेक्ट्रॉनिकी एवं सूचना प्रौद्योगिकी संस्थान ,औरंगाबाद
National Institute of Electronics & Information Technology,Aurangabad
15 June 2018
National Institute of Electronics & Information Technology is an organization under the administrative control of Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology (MeitY), Government of India that is working in both formal and non-formal mode of education in the diversified and emerging areas of Electronics, IT and Communication Technologies.
2. NIELIT Aurangabad was established by MeitY (erstwhile Department of Electronics) in the year 1987. It was the second premiere Centre for Electronics Design and Technology (CEDT) in the country established by DoE after huge success of first CEDT centre established by DoE at the Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore. It was established in order to bring an innovative, entrepreneurial spirit and to maintain close links with Industries, R&D and Academic Institutions to promote electronics, IT and industrial design culture. In the year 2001 this Centre was merged with NIELIT.
3. In one of the unique initiatives by GoI, State-of-Art Industrial Grade infrastructure was established within the premises of an Educational Institute with the objective to create a pool of highly skilled Electronics Product Design Engineers to bridge the gap between academia and industries. First time in country, unique courses with emphasizes on Innovation, Design and Development of Electronic Product viz Diploma in Electronics Production and Maintenance in 1987, M.Tech (Electronics Design and Technology) in 1990 and B Tech (Electronics System Engineering) in 2013 were started at this Centre by GoI. It is also one of the best and prestigious Research Centre of Dr. B.A.M. University, Aurangabad for conducting research leading to award of Ph.D. Degree in Engineering and Technology.
4. Co-located inside the lush green campus of Dr B.A.M. University and its campus is spreads over 20 acres. It has about 14 well equipped laboratories (such as PCB, Industrial Automation, Power Electronics, VLSI, Embedded Systems Design, CAD/CAM, Consumer Electronics, IoT, Open Source Computing, SDL, Multimedia) and Mechanical workshop besides a rich Library (that is part of MeitY Library Consortium, NKN, National Digital library of MHRD), Gymnasium for students, Auditorium, Canteen, Basket-ball ground, Volley ball ground, Kho Kho ground etc. Its faculty includes highly experienced and skilled Scientists who are alumni of prestigious IITs and BITS Pilani.
5. Needless to say number of alumni of this Institute are working as entrepreneur and R&D engineers in India and abroad. Trained to become R&D engineer almost all the students of the Institute get career opportunities of their choice. The admission process for the above AICTE approved courses (refer para 3 above) for Academic Year 2018-19 has already started.
6. You may like to encourage the prospective students and budding startups of your Institute to pursue higher studies and make a career of their choice by enrolling for these courses timely. You are requested to give wide publicity to the attached advertisement and ask the students to refer URLhttp://nielit.gov.in/auran…/content/institute-formal-courses for detailed information Brochure for taking admission in these courses.