SWACHHTA PAKHWADA AT NIELIT KOHIMA
NIELIT Kohima implemented Swachhta Pakhwada from 01st to 15th August 2017 along with the rest of NIELIT centres. To move beyond symbolic gestures into meaningful action, the fortnight-long observance began with the pledge taking to make a difference and to inspire change. The staff leading by example actively engaged the students in various activities and cleanliness drives within and outside the campus and also generously contributed potted plants for beautification of the centre, following which the students and even fourth grade staff voluntarily donated indoor potted plants.
A one day awareness programme on Swachhta awareness and implementation was conducted for students to participate and contribute towards the vision of Swachh Bharat Abhiyan. During this period, the following activities were implemented by the centre:
- Students enthusiastically took part in Essay and Digital Poster Competitions on cleanliness.
- Students also cleaned their labs and classrooms.
- General cleaning of cabins by staff and weeding out of old records, magazines, old furniture, etc.
- Housekeeping staff (sweepers) carried out intensive cleaning of campus, hostels and surrounding areas, common areas like restrooms, stairs, corridors, including window-panes, etc throughout the period.
- Security personnel were involved in cleaning outside lawn and clearing areas of overgrown brush and weeds.
- The students and staff actively participated in the mass cleanliness drive to clear the approach road and the areas in and around campus.
- Cleaning of roof terrace of office buildings by staff and students.
- Cleaning of staff quarters and the surrounding areas by the residents.
- The students residing in hostels actively took part in cleaning of hostels and surrounding areas.
- Water tank was renovated and cleaned for providing clean drinking water.
- Construction of restroom near the institution gate for the convenience of drivers and visitors.
- Plantation of bamboo and other tree saplings for landscaping.