It is an an ongoing undertaking under the sponsorship of the Department of Communications and I.T, Govt. of India.
- To set up a Medical Electronics R & D Laboratory at NIELIT Kohima for Repairing and Maintenance of Medical Electronics Equipments of various Hospitals in Nagaland.
- To provide training to Paramedical & medical staff of various government as well as private hospitals of Nagaland and the youth of the state about testing , calibration & repairing of various medical electronics equipments in local language, so as to solve the major problems faced by the Hospitals and patients due to non-operable defective hospital equipments.
- To train 75 youths & paramedical staff in medical electronics equipment maintenance
- ST youths & Paramedical staff.
- Medical Electronics Laboratory at NIELIT Kohima is now operating as a fully-functional lab with state-of-the-art infrastructure and facilities.
- A six (6 Months) Certificate/ Diploma course In Medical Equipments and Maintenance has commenced since November 2015 and 21 trainees have been enrolled.
A field trip was successfully conducted recently that covered the district hospitals and community health centres in Kohima district. During the trip, NIELIT manpower has commendably repaired non-functional equipments like x-ray machine, dental x-ray machine , OT lab, incubator, centrifuge, etc.