Public Grievance Redressal Systems(IVRS & Web Based Solutions)
PUBLIC GRIEVANCE REDRESSAL SYSTEM (PGRS), LOCAL GOVERNMENT PUNJAB (1800-1800-0172)
NIELIT, Chandigarh has developed a complete solution for State Level PGRS Cell, Punjab.
With its launch, the State shall be fulfilling one of the Condition Precedent under the Smart Cities Scheme of Govt. of India and also becoming one of the important part of E-Governance. PGRS will ensure timely disposal of public grievances in a transparent manner. This is an important step in citizen engagement in governance.
- The cell was inaugurated by Sh. Anil Joshi, Cabinet Minister - Local Government, Punjab dated 11th Jun 2015.
- Using PGRS Cell the citizen can register their complaints in nine different categories of Municipal services related to Urban Local Bodies (ULBs) i.e. Water Supply, Sewerage, Storm Water Drainage, Solid Waste Management / Stray Animals, Roads, Streetlights, Birth/Death, Building/Property Tax and Parks.
- A Toll Free No. 1800-1800-0172 has been made functional for this purpose, and is available on both Interactive Voice Response System (IVRS) - 24x7 and through operator from 6:00 am to 10:00 pm, except on holidays and Sunday (during which IVRS is functional).
- In PGRS Cell, the complainant(s) from any resident related with the concerned ULB can directly register their grievance on the Toll Free No. PGRS Cell will issue a Unique Complaint Number that is forwarded via SMS to each complainant for future reference.
- The online access via their Login ID / Password has also been provided to various higher level officials, who at any time can review and monitor the pendency of the complaints.
SHIKAYAT NIVARAN KENDRA, RURAL WATER SUPPLY & SANITATION DEPTT. PUNJAB (1800-180-2468)
NIELIT, Chandigarh has developed a complete solution forRural Water Supply & Sanitation Deptt. Punjab, includes an Advanced Interactive Voice Response System(IVRS)thathelps SNK customers to easily lodge complaints at the toll free callcenter number 1800-180-2468. The Rural Water Supply consumers canregistertheir complaints as well as retrieve the latest status of complaints registered by them throughunique complaint number provided to them. Initially, the SNK software was capable of recording complaints relating to watersupply schemes and RO Plants only but the same has now been modified and made broadbased since 28.10.2015 to register the complaints relating to Sewerage Schemes & Constructionof Individual Household Latrines (IHHL).ShikayatNivaran Kendra with helpline no. 1800-180-2468 operated on 24x7 basis was inaugurated in Mohali on December 1st, 2009 for registration of complaints with following prominent features.
- SNK reaches out to approx.156 lac rural population being served through 13838 habitations.
- Every official directly connected to the online complaints redressal system throughTelephone, Email & SMS.
- Non closure of the complaint till the satisfaction of complainant.
- Daily progress report is reviewed at the highest level i.e. Secretary to Govt. Punjab,Water Supply & Sanitation Department.
- Complainant is informed regarding attendance of their complaint by the operator deployed at complaint centre & same is not closed till the consumer is satisfied.
- The consumers can also ask/check status of their complaints by giving uniqueComplaint numbers provided to them.
SHIKAYAT NIVARAN KENDRA (SNK) FOR PUBLIC HEALTH ENGG. DEPARTMENT, HARYANA (1800-180-5678)
NIELIT, Chandigarh has developed a complete solutionthat is a centralized complaint redressal cell for Public Health Engineering Deptt., Haryana which has been established at Sector-4, Panchkula, Harayana. SNK was inaugurated on 3rd April 2012 by Mrs Kiran Chaudhary, Public Health Minister, for registering and redressing complaints of consumers of Haryana State. Anyone from any District of Haryana can register a complaint by justdialling1800-180-5678 (working 24x7) and through Interactive Voice Response System (IVRS) he can choose anyone of the types of complaints. The system will automatically provide a unique complaint number to the complainant and the complaint shall be forwarded to the concerned officers (JE/SDO/XEN) at the earliest for their immediate attention through Telephone, Email & SMS. The response received against these complaints is monitored and re-examined by higher officials after stipulated time period.
CITIZEN FACILITATION CENTRE (CFC), CHANDIGARH (+91-172-4639999)
NIELIT, Chandigarh has developed a single window complaint redressal system (working 24x7) for handling complaints of various departments of U.T. Administration, Chandigarh through single telephone number. The departments are:
- Electrical poles,
- Public Health,
- Construction(Govt. Buildings).
All the complaint centres are connected to central helpline centre through CUG mobiles. e.g. In case of electricity failure of any area, the same is registered at CFC and forwarded to the respective complaint cell through mobile.
SHIKAYAT NIVARAN KENDRA IN IRRIGATION AND PUBLIC HEALTH (IPH) DEPARTMENT, SHIMLA (1800-180-8009)
ShikayatNivaran Kendra of the Department is functioning inUS Club premises at Shimla. TheToll Free No. for registration of complaints is1800-180-8009.
NIELIT, Chandigarh has developed a complete solutionthat is a centralized complaint redressal cell for Irrigation and Public Health Deptt., Shimla, Himachal Pradesh, which has been established at US Clubpremisesat Shimla for registering and redressing complaints of consumers of Himachal Pradesh State. Anyone from any District of Himachal Pradesh can register a complaint by justdialling1800-180-8009(working 24x7) and through Interactive Voice Response System (IVRS) he can choose anyone of the types of complaints. The system will automatically provide a unique complaint number to the complainant and the complaint shall be forwarded to the concerned officers at the earliest for their immediate attention through Telephone, Email & SMS. The response received against these complaints is monitored and re-examined by higher officials after stipulated time period.
HELPLINE FOR NATIONAL RURAL HEALTH MISSION (NRHM), PUNJAB (1800-180-2054)
Complaint redressal system for NRHM, Punjab to receive complaint against Female Foeticide : using IVR , SMS , Web enabled software developed by NIELIT CHANDIGARH. Later on enhanced to complaint against any Health and Family Welfare scheme: using single toll-free telephone number 1800-180-2054 along-with IVR, SMS, Web enabled software developed by NIELIT Chandigarh.
The software provides the general public a mode to inform the health authorities about an incident of female foeticide through telephone. Also, the general public can inform about the different health problems being faced by them. It addresses and provides vital information about reporting at following levels:
- Being taken to hospital for Female Foeticide, Emergency.
- Being pressurized for female foeticide.
- Female Foeticide had taken place earlier.
- Other Health related Complaints related to Epidemic diseases like Cholera, Malaria etc., Improper child immunization & lack of health services to pregnant lady, Information regarding a TB patient and Sudden death of a pregnant lady or an infant less than one year.
AIDS HELPLINE – STATE AIDS CONTROLS SOCIETY, UT, CHANDIGARH (1097)
NIEILT Chandigarh has developed a Multilingual (English, Hindi, Punjabi)AIDS Awareness helpline developed in 1998 for State Aids Control Society, UT, Chandigarh. Anyone can call a toll free no 1097, caller can choose the language then select from Standard questions with answers. In case caller is having his specific query, caller can record his question. IVR will automatically generate and allot a unique Regn. No to thecaller. These questions are answered and recorded by counsellors. Caller after 72 hours dial back 1097, enter the Unique Regn. No., and hear the answer. Another feature is that caller can also directly talk to the counsellor between 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.